domingo, 16 de setembro de 2018

Brian Allen (Dark Sky Choir, Vicious Rumors)




Brian Allen is better known for having been the lead singer of Vicious Rumors. We had a chat with him about the beginning of his career, and about what's been up to, these days!

Q. - Hello Brian, tell us a little bit about your beginnings in the heavy metal world, what were you're main influences, what lead you to be a heavy metal singer?
Brian - Well Dio First, Halford, then Dickinson then out of no where Blackie Lawless, John Bush and Oliva became very influential, of course King Diamond.,I used to play guitar. But my friends said I was a better singer so that’s kinda how.



Q. - Was Last Empire the first band with whom you recorded an album? Tell us a little bit about Last Empire's career too?
Brian - I have old Ep’s out there from a band called Father Mary and Bloodstone and an Unreleased cd called Finn but Last Empire was my first underground break through in the scene the lasted for 10 years off and on.

Q. - What's the current status of Last Empire? Do you still have time to play with them?
Brian - No they are doing a Doom Metal Project so that would be a no.

Q. - You were the lead singer for Malice around 2005 when they did the 20th anniversary of the band, what can you tell us about those times and those gigs?
Brian - It was one gig and it was the greatest time ever playing with those guys I was a huge fan and already knew the songs Love those guys to death.



Q. - What are your thoughts on Mick Zane's passing?
Brian - I miss him horribly we became pretty good friends after that show always stayed touch we talked about our kids he was a great husband and father and a great writer.

Q. - How did the invitation to join Vicious Rumors came up, for the first time?
Brian - Matt McCourt told Geoff about me that’s how it all happened.

Q. - In the four years you were with them you recorded two studio albums and a live one, are you happy with those recordings? Is there anyone you like more?
Brian - Well technically was with them late 2009 to late 2013 and then came back in late 2016 to May of 2018, and I love those records I was disappointed that we never did more songs off those records they deserve it.

Q. - How does it feel, to sing the same songs Carl Albert did back in the day? Is it hard tough?
Brian - No not hard at all just felt there were other great songs to songs besides the normal ones Geoff has quite a library of songs to choose from.



Q. - A few years ago, you jammed with Randy Pipper, did you record any songs with him?
Brian - No we would have but I had to have major back surgery and I was out of commission for 2 years from a car accident.

Q. - You have been very busy with your new band, Dark Sky Choir, when did you join the band? How did the invitation came up?
Brian - Well Fred Gorhau and Mike from Exxplorer we stayed friends since we played Sword Brothers Festival Back in 2011 I think And Fred and I always talked about playing a project so fast forward to November 2017 he called me and said he had a singer problem so I stepped in.

Q. - What's the current line up of the band?
Brian - Well Fred Gorhau guitars, Mike Sakowski Drums, We had John Moyer from Disturbed to play bass, but Disturbed has a new record coming out, so he will be busy for about 2 years or less but he still writes with us and he produced our new record, coming out in late September so Fred is looking for a replacement for our tour coming up I’m not worried but I will miss John a lot I learned a lot from him.

Q. - And what about shows, what expectations do you have for the tour with Dark Sky Choir? Are you preparing the upcoming Tour with Monster Magnet?
Brian - Oh Yes indeed Paulo, we have big things coming up I’m very excited.



Q. - And what about the stoner band Two Headed Beast, tell us a bit about these other project of you!
Brian - Well I’m still playing with the Beast, but been very busy and I reunited with my old band mates, Finn to do local shows and will record a record with them in the near future.

Q. - Hard n’ Heavy music does not pay bills to many people, is it difficult to make this kind of music now-a-days?
Brian - It usually does yes but Dark Sky Choir is taking care of me I have no complaints.

Q. - Are you happy with what you achieved so far in the "heavy metal world"?
Brian - Yes because I met so many people and friends throughout Europe and the States but I’m not finished yet ha ha ha.



Q. - How do you see the heavy metal scene nowadays? Do you keep interest on new bands?
Brian - I have my favorites, Watain, Dark Funeral, Primal Fear, Nocturnal Rites, and of course Hammerfall, I try to keep up and of course my brother Phil Anselmo anything he does I love but, I’m looking forward to the new Queensryche album, it’s going to be huge from what Todd tells me.

Q. - Will you try a Black Metal project in the future?
Brian - Sign me up baby ha ha ha.

Q. - How do you want to end up this interview? Anything more you want to say?
Brian - I miss Europe big time I will return take care my Brother long live metal!!!!

Thank you for your time, and wish you all the best for the future!



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Simon Adams A.K.A. Bandwagon Sid

  Simon Adams A.K.A. Bandwagon Sid, was a regular at the Bandwagon (Soundhouse), in the early days of the NWOBHM movement, even winning the ...